• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Found out the hard way! FineCut8 doesn't work on latest Illustrator CC Update

hazelsmrf

I never update my Adobe suite the first few weeks after a new update because the plugin developers need time to make it compatible. You should be able to revert back to the previous version though!

Baz

Roland Cut Studio user here. This problem entered my mind when i learned of the new Illustrator being available.
Will wait to see what others are experiencing with the upgrade.

Looks like you have to wait until October for a compatible version.

Just read on another forum that Roland's cutting program does not work either and there is no eta yet.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Yep - I was able to reinstall the previous version and Finecut came back without having to reinstall it separately. Whew LOL Not a big deal, but I will say that the new version seemed to run faster. I noticed a significant difference with the new photoshop. I can wait till October for it again. LOL

ejaximus

I actually haven't had any issue with the new version of Illustrator and FineCut8 on two different systems at our shop. The only thing I had to with the update was copy over the plugin from the old version's folder to the new one, but that is no different than any of the other previous major updates we've gotten for Illustrator. The Mimaki post makes me count my lucky stars though that maybe it's a big issue and we just got lucky here.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I actually haven't had any issue with the new version of Illustrator and FineCut8 on two different systems at our shop. The only thing I had to with the update was copy over the plugin from the old version's folder to the new one, but that is no different than any of the other previous major updates we've gotten for Illustrator. The Mimaki post makes me count my lucky stars though that maybe it's a big issue and we just got lucky here.

Hmmm- Keep us updated if this continues to work for you. We didn't try to copy the plugin over. (*********) Maybe over the weekend, I'll try it and see what happens. Thanks for your feedback!