• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Found this gem digging around in an old hard drive and had to share

signmeup

This one brings back fond memories. It was on the roof of a wedding dress shop that reeked of stale cigarettes. The coloured smudges that are faintly visible are pink and gold glitter. I'm pretty sure the substrate is an old basketball backboard. The picture simply does not do this sign justice.

The shop has since closed.

Attachments

• OnceUponTime.jpg
    OnceUponTime.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 175

JR's

so was that one of your first jobs? did you use a pounce pattern or free hand. ;-}

JR

Edserv

Great laugh. What do you say?
If they wanted you to re-do their sign, it would be very awkward...

"Well, you have a nice substrate, let's not let that go to waste. Would you be opposed to me mounting a basketball rim and net on there just to take full advantage of the substrate?"

Jillbeans

I can only imagine the bridezillas who shopped at that fine establishment.
Say Yes to the Dress maybe but that sign is a HELL NO.
Love.....Jill

J

john1

To be honest it looks pretty good to me.....

I couldn't even make out the top text until i looked hard enough lol

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
Somebody will be digging for this post down the road to beat out another "worst ever" sign. I'm bookmarking it now:cool:

Jillbeans

It reminds me of the story of my oldest sister's wedding dress.
That dress was bought down on the North Side at Carlisle's the premier wedding shop of the day (in 1964)
As the eldest child, Connie was a bit spoiled and had the best of the best.
After the wedding her gown was cleaned and carefully packed away in tissue paper, presumably to be saved for her sisters or a future daughter.
Enter my trashy cousins.
They borrowed the dress, for at least three sister's weddings.
The dress was finally returned, wrinkled, torn lace, yellowed from cigarette smoke, with even a few holes burnt into the delicate tulle veil from their owl bridal cigarettes.
It was packed in a shopping bag and put into her attic, where in 1982 it was dragged out for me to try on. By then it looked like something one could purchase at your lovely bridal boutique. Once upon a time it was a nice dress.
:)
My sister had a chimney fire in the 1990s and the dress was a casualty. I amend my story....then it was a true Once Upon a Time creation!