Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FP740 setup

Discussion in 'Roland' started by samwear, May 10, 2010.

1. samwear

samwear New Member

May 8, 2010
    need some help to setup/ fill ink 2 new(used) FP740's.

after numerous initial fill inks, both machines still havenot reached total fill up!

after 4 >>>>, it switches to "now processing......" and stays there ( for more then 6 hrs!!

so I opened the machines to get a closer look,
    and number 1 f.i. seems filled up quite good, but I can still see some air bubbles in the tubes.

as they have electronic valves (which I have no experience with on my other mimaki's and mutoh) the big question is, is it due to the air that the machine won't reach total fill up (8x >>>>>>>>) and what is the correct method to get rid of it?:banghead:

(a custom shirt for the good tip :thankyou:)

2. pierresj

pierresj New Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Did you resolve the problem?

I have exactly the same problem. We have bought an used FP-740 and when we turn on the printer it goes to "ink filling", after ">>>>" it goes into "NOW PROCESSING" forever...

Did you find any soultion to this?

3. samwear

samwear New Member

May 8, 2010
    open the valves

now that we are used to this annoyance, when ever it happens, we open the valves when filling her up, it then goes a little quicker, but it still cost a lot of ink.

4. eriksigns

eriksigns New Member

Jan 1, 2014
    There is a problem in the reservoir ink part

The machine still here due problem in the refilling for the reservoirs.
    Open the ink part, and check for the valves to the epson reservoir.