• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Frame for sign suggestions

tintshopplus

just did a 4' x 10' sign-a-bond two sided going in a marquee. now my custy who claims he is a framing :notworthy: expert wants to frame it in. anyone have any material or build suggestions here or done this before. he was supposed to handle this part of the job himself but now i get to :Big Laugh. thanks in advance.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A picture of the finished project so far would help immensely.

What kind of frame are you thinking about putting up there ??

tintshopplus

alright, i'll try to get a quick pic up. that's what i'm stuck on is material. wood makes sense but i haven't used sign-a-bond before and this is my first type of sign like this. i think the custy is just looking to re-inforce the sign and give something extra. i feel like i could just frame the edges with wood trim or something. its gonna have to go both sides.

iSign

what is sign-a-bond?
how thick?

installed where?
marquee meaning what?

like Gino said, take a little more time and make a better effort to give us all as complete of a picture as possible, so we can spend our free time helping you instead of asking WTF you're talking about.

did you make this already? 4x10?
..and you lettered (or printed) both sides already?

I sure hope it's 3/4" thick... if you need to put a 4x10 up in the wind, held only by a frame... sounds like a nightmare to me... how much of the perimeter of the layout can afford to be lost in the frame?

to me, I would probably tell the client, here's your sign you ordered... if you want me to help make a double face version, we can use this first sign as one face, and I'll have to build a framework for support, and make a second sign for the other side.. because framing that first sign was your idea, not mine... as far as i know, it's sounds far more like a liability then a problem I'd want to solve...