• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fraudulent Orders and the IC3

CS-SignSupply

Recently, we have been targeted with a rush of phone/internet orders that have turned out to be fraudulent, using stolen credit card and identity information. To date, we have received multiple web orders in which the 'customer' places an order with the billing address, phone number, credit card information all being Valid (Stolen). The shipping address is somewhere different each time while still using the card holders name.

A couple of things tip us off, and if you take orders online, may be of help to you...

Consistencies:
1 - They always request Next Day Air Shipment
2 - The company name always includes graf,es or graf.sa
3 - The originating IP Address is 69.64.92.185 (Dedicated server at Codero.com - abuse department contacted but no response to date)
4 - The thief called this morning for shipment status of his first bogus order from 904-365-7389 (MagicJack Subscriber). Insisted on tracking number and would not give name, return email or return phone number.

We have caught each of the orders before being processed and contacted each of the victims immediately upon noticing the order pattern. The most recent one being Sunday evening at 7:30pm... Victim was completely shocked by my call.

Each have experienced multiple charges, including one JetBlue Airline ticket for $998 to Jamaica.

It seems each of the victims that I have spoken to were targets of internet popup ads or bogus emails asking them to click on something of importance.

The FBI and IC3 are involved and hopefully this small ring can/will be wiped out but who knows. All log files, emails, phone records, etc have been supplied.

Please take a minute to update yourself with some of the latest (most common) scams here, http://www.ic3.gov

I guess it takes all kinds to make the world turn.

CanuckSigns

Thanks for the heads up, it sad that some people do fall for this. My father is not very computer or internet savvy, Ive had to explain to him multiple times that banks and government do not use email as a method of communicating private information, if you get an eamil from what look like your bank or the government asking you to click a link, delete it!

I even once had to remind him that we don't pay taxes to the IRS in Canada, and the refund they were going to give him was bogus lol.

anotherdog

Unless there is a way to 100% verify the identity of people online, This can only get worse. That said, we have had our credit card details stolen several times at gas stations, and not once (touch wood) online.

It's a shame that scammers have discovered how to spell and use lower case letters.

JBarraxSW

Good info Bobby.
Anyone who processes credit card orders should be wary of new customers who have to have equipment shipped Next Day Air. That, and an alternate shipping address are almost always markers of a thief with a stolen credit card.