• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fred: VIRUS ALERT

cdiesel

I tried logging into s101 yesterday from my laptop at home. Apparently I didn't have an up to date antivirus on it because it killed my computer.. We had put all of our computers (including laptops) on TrendMicro a few years ago and then switched over to Symantec. I guess my laptop never got switched.. :/

I logged in, walked away to get a drink and when I came back, there were about 50 open IE windows. I started closing them and the computer shut off. When I try to startup again, the computer is giving me an ATA error.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I tried logging into s101 yesterday from my laptop at home. Apparently I didn't have an up to date antivirus on it because it killed my computer.. We had put all of our computers (including laptops) on TrendMicro a few years ago and then switched over to Symantec. I guess my laptop never got switched.. :/

I logged in, walked away to get a drink and when I came back, there were about 50 open IE windows. I started closing them and the computer shut off. When I try to startup again, the computer is giving me an ATA error.

Sorry to hear that Chris. I would suggest getting a current copy of Malwarebytes' and use that from Safe Mode to disinfect the laptop. We have found and removed the hacked file that caused the problem but not how the hacker gained access. Additional security is being added and we are changing all passwords to access the server.

Redz Signs Inc.

dont feel bad.... it completly deleted all my files. and i had to completly reinstall my whole operating system ... yea that was a lot of fun .