• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

free digitizing software for embroidery

PMG

Here is a link to Sophie Sew......it is free and a full version,,i downloaded it and have been playing with it to learn about the process....thought you all may want to try this as well.....has many tutorials on the site along with some free files.....here is the link to the tutorials .. ENJOY!!!!!!

WildWestDesigns

I hate it when they allow for the importing of raster images for digitizing. I have yet see a software that uses raster images as a starting point digitize them correctly.

I also didn't see anything for editing at the stitch level among the tutorials. Trust me you are going to want that feature if you plan on doing this. There is going to be a need for cleanup after digitizing. There are a few that come out great from the get go, but not the majority of the time.

Mosh

You get what you pay for, and it being free....like using Corel draw to digitize cutting files, it does get the job done, but looks like a skunk running in my backyard, scared and spraying!!!

WildWestDesigns

I looked for and I didn't see anything about exporting a thread chart either. There are files that don't have color memory so even if they were to open a copy of the file on the computer they still wouldn't know the color with the needle.

I also wouldn't advise just giving them a copy of the regular color logo either.

These are good for the hobbyist, but I wouldn't run them for the business. Wings Modular all the way, though their modules are not cheap.

jemmyell

Wilcom!

But it really isn't cheap. Even with the upgrade deal from Embird I got at ISS Long Beach 2011, it was still $2500. That was for Embroidery Studio Level 1.

-James

Mosh

Hey Mosh,

How long have you been doing embroidery?

-James

1998, what was you doing then????thinking about how to grow flowers around the trailer house????
I have been in the screenprinting biz since 1988, and only got int sewing to do hats for all the hicks around here. I wish I had not, it is a pain in the A$$$

WildWestDesigns

Wilcom!

But it really isn't cheap. Even with the upgrade deal from Embird I got at ISS Long Beach 2011, it was still $2500. That was for Embroidery Studio Level 1.

-James

That's about what PE-Designs costs and Pfaff's software as well (I think it's "3D Designing"? Or at least it was a few yrs ago.). Both of those are alright, just limited in their features.

But like so many things in this industry, it isn't so much the software, but the person using it.

Mosh

back then we had to sent out for all custom stuff...what software are you using to dig sewing jobs?

jemmyell

That's about what PE-Designs costs and Pfaff's software as well (I think it's "3D Designing"? Or at least it was a few yrs ago.). Both of those are alright, just limited in their features.

But like so many things in this industry, it isn't so much the software, but the person using it.

Yes, that is so true. I admire Lee Caroselli the most for her WONDERFUL artistry. I have everything she has made so far.

http://www.balboastitch.com/

REALLY cool fine art designs that stitch GREAT!

-James

jemmyell

back then we had to sent out for all custom stuff...what software are you using to dig sewing jobs?

Mosh,

I am a software developer. My wife uses Wilcom Embroidery Studio level 1 and I study it. DataStitch just started selling my CorelDRAW addon (App-Easy) to digitize sew files for tackle twill and their new embroidery material, Easy-Applique. If you PM me I will comp you a copy of App-Easy if you like. CorelDRAW X3-X5 only.

Still, for low cost digitizing Embird is the best I think.

I own:

Embird
Stitch Era Universal
Wilcom ES level 1