Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FREE high quality fonts

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by The Vector Doctor, Nov 9, 2008.

1. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    For those of you that want to increase your collection, here is a tip

Go to myfonts.com and in the search area fill in Free. It will list all the fonts that are either completely free or there are sets/families of fonts in which a bold/regular/italic version of the family is free

Obviously they are hoping you will like the free version and will purchase more in the same family

Last time I tried it it came back with 459 matches and some have 2 or more free versions so you could conceivably get 1000 fonts. It will take some work, but you can see the previews to choose which are worth trying out

Tags:
  2. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Good tip . . . Thanks Eric !

3. Jim C

Jim C Member

Sep 23, 2006
    I try that but it doesn't list any free fonts??? maby I am doing something wrong

4. vinylbarry

vinylbarry Active Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Thanks Eric.
    :goodpost:

5. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    You must be doing something wrong. It works at the website along with the link in the upper right corner of this page

6. Checkers

Checkers Very Active Member

Jul 24, 2003
    WOW, 39 pages worth!
    Thanks Eric!

Checkers

7. B Snyder

B Snyder Very Active Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Thanks Eric!

Checkers.....its only 5 pages if you list 96 fonts/page. :)

8. sarge

sarge Active Member

Oct 18, 2008
    i have been going to dafonts for a long time .. today however .. if a customer wants a special font i tell them to get it for me .. i am no longer spending hours looking and trying to match fonts .. i just dont have time .. but then if they are like a cock roach and persistant .. it is $85 a hour for me to go looking