• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Free or cheap ICC profiling programs? (already have an i1 pro)

IvanDD

We run Caldera and it takes care of all of our needs including profiling. However, we also have a rastek H652 uv flatbed printer, and caldera is not compatible with that. So for the UV printer we are using firey 4.5. Fiery has a built in linerization tool, but the profiling tool is an $1800!!!!! add on. For that price, we could just switch to onyx, which does support all my solvent printers and the h652. We have an i1 for profiling, and X-rite's profiling tool is almost $1000. So I'm looking for a cheap or free profiling program I can use to profile a few types of media on the rastek.

Thanks!

I know of only one free open source ICC Profile creation tool, and it does support the i1 devices:

http://www.argyllcms.com/

It is command line driven, and not easy to learn to use. On the other hand, it does a nice job of creating ICC profiles.