Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freestanding Interior Directory Sign

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Bigdawg, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    I am working on an upscale directory sign for one of our clients. Attached is the picture of where it was *supposed* to go on the wall. We assumed it would be no problem to move the two pictures... well apparently it is a huge issue.

So now I need a nice freestanding directory sign. Every system I look at seems too modern (shiny silver... metallic). The ADA signage I'm doing will look like the bathroom sign I attached (white 1/4" acrylic back panel, two-color background and white applique letters) and I would like to design something that would go with it... I need about 5-6 spaces on the directory.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to create this or what sign system to look at?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    Does your shop have fabrication capabilities?

I hate system signs in most instances... usually it's because if your shop can fabricate, your shop keeps more money.

3. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Unfortunately we are very limited. I usually use Scott or Clarke but I'm not finding anything I like or can modify to suit my purposes.

I also have independent manufacturer that will fabricate what I create - if it's not so crazy it would blow the budget. Most of the time cost means I have to use a pre-made system instead and find a way to make it work...

4. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
  5. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Thanks so much Rick for the heads up. That is exactly the type of thing I was looking for!

6. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    wow, thy are good looking signs. thanks for the link Rick.

JR

7. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    Those are nice Rick.
    So where the f are they gonna stand this thing? Right in front of those pictures? People amaze me......

8. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    You could always tell them that ADA regulations force you to mount the sign on the wall.

9. B-RAD Graphics

B-RAD Graphics Member

Nov 16, 2009
    :cool1:...always a nice option for corporate buildings.