Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freestanding sign solar lighting...???

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by lexsigns, Jul 9, 2012.

1. lexsigns

lexsigns Premium Subscriber

Dec 24, 2007
    Burlington ma
    http://www.thesolarsignlight.com/specifications/index.html
    Thinking of using this for a HDU carved sign on 2 posts.. anyone ever use or have a better alternative?
    The town will not allow lighting from the ground up only shining down.. (strange I know) They do not want to deal with wiring all the way to the building so looking for a top mount solar solution... Thanks in advance :)

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I don't know about that one, but we got a solar light at Home Depot about three months ago to put at the base of a flag for our home and it lights up the entire flag beautifully. It stays lit from dusk til dawn..... about 9 hours so far. It gives off plenty of light and only cost about $29.00.

3. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    It really depends on the location. From my experience with similar lights, if it's in a really dark area it will work OK. But if there is a lot of other lighting around it won't be that noticable. We did one and the client ended up having an electrician install a serious commercial unit that worked better.