• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Freight for largeformat printers?

Jasmin

Founder
Hey! Currently looking to add another HP Latex to our shop. The issue is that I can't find any for sale in my area so looking at eBay and they are all further away and offer freight. How much can I trust to have one of these shipped? Kind of feels risky. Any thoughts?

Also if anyone knows of anyone selling one in NYC and surrounding area let me know :) (Hp latex 365 or similar 115)

damonCA21

If its new and factory packed still you shouldn't have any problems. After all it made it across the sea from China or wherever without any problems.
In any case, the risk is with the seller. If it does get damaged in transit then it is down to them to sort out the problem.
You could buy one from 5 miles away and it could go over a bump in the road and damage it, so I don't think its really anything to worry about.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
LTL is fine if it's packed up and bolted to a skid. Otherwise we've also had good success with furniture movers for out of box machines.

netsol

2 years ago we bought a Mutoh vj1617h from a church in the dallas fort worth area

a friend suggested uship.com and it worked out very well. we paid around $950 complete, which was quite a savings. probably worth getting a quote
give it a few days to see the lowest bidder