• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

French Canadian

Dave213

Hi,

I have been creating graphics for mx, atv and snowmobile for a certain time. I used to do it in my free time but I plan to do it full time.
Since I do not print my graphics I was thinking of buying a printer of my own.

I am interested in the Sp300 or Sp540. (used)

And I saw different models ( sp-300, sp-300i, sp-300v) Whats the big difference between those ?

How can I know that the used printer is of quality or not (test,maintenance,things to look at) before buying ?

Dave.

Brink

The majority of used printers in this class are used up before the shop or individual upgraded. I'm not saying you can't find a good used printer. I'm just saying be very careful before you spend $5k-$10k on a used machine. See it work first. Run test prints that are designed to show off problems. You can easily spend $8k and then have to turn right around and put a head in it for $3000 and buy all new ink set for $1000. Then you have $12K in a used wore out machine that only costs like $12k new and comes with a complete set of ink.

Most shops that do high volume work run those printers 24/7.

Dave213

The majority of used printers in this class are used up before the shop or individual upgraded. I'm not saying you can't find a good used printer. I'm just saying be very careful before you spend $5k-$10k on a used machine. See it work first. Run test prints that are designed to show off problems. You can easily spend $8k and then have to turn right around and put a head in it for $3000 and buy all new ink set for $1000. Then you have $12K in a used wore out machine that only costs like $12k new and comes with a complete set of ink.

Most shops that do high volume work run those printers 24/7.

Thanks Brink for the advice. I will definitely consider this.

I have found one for 4800$CAD (approx. 3350$usd) Its only use 1 set of ink in 2 years. The guy used it for personal projects.
I am going to take a look, will see if it is in good shape.

bigben

Bonjour de Montréal!

I don't know what is your budget, but I know someone near Québec city that is looking to sell his few months old latex printer with maybe a hole sign shop equipement. Send me a private message and I'll give you his name on this board. (I don't know if he want me to tell it in open forum).

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK USA

:Welcome: 2 :signs101:
Be aware that a used machine that has very little use will require a lot maintenance. Printers need to be used frequently to keep them in good shape. A used one may have dried up heads from the lack of use.

bigben

:Welcome: 2 :signs101:
Be aware that a used machine that has very little use will require a lot maintenance. Printers need to be used frequently to keep them in good shape. A used one may have dried up heads from the lack of use.

That is very true.

Dave213

Hey guys,

Just wanted to inform you that I buy a Sp-300v last week.
I followed the advice I have received from all and I find one in good condition.

Thank you all :smile: