• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

French "thingy on the E"

Fatboy

Please help guys.The French have a thingy on the E...i THINK IT IS CALLED AN "ACSENT" wHERE CAN i FIND ONE FOR bOOKMARK Antiqua??

Jillbeans

Go to charmap to be sure, but it should be ALT+0201
(Capital E with acute)
Heck even my 10 year old knows that.
hahahaha
Love....Jill

MikePro

just copy n' paste from google translate, and change the font on your end... or just copy from here:
matinée (morning)

Rodi

(Capital E with acute)
hahahaha
Love....Jill
:clapping::rock-n-roll::cool1:

Its a tough day when a 10 year old is not only more technologically advanced than you, but even down to a little common sense.
Jills laugh is cracking me up!:wine-smi::wine-smi::wine-smi::wine-smi::wine-smi:

sjm

hehe, does it point to the left or to the right? Sometimes I write color when it should be colour. :rock-n-roll:

Baz

Yes they are called accents. Hold your "alt" and type in these number values. alt+0200 = È, alt+0201= É, alt+0202 = Ê, alt+0203 = Ë, alt+0232 = è, alt+0233 = é, alt+0234 = ê, alt+0235 = ë.

Fatboy

(Capital E with acute)
hahahaha
Love....Jill
Maybe he can come and work for me Jill! lol haha.
Thank you ...found it guys hold down alt 0201

Last edited:

joeshaul

In case anyone else wanders across this topic:
If you're using Coreldraw, you can go to the Text Menu and select Insert Symbol Character, choose the font from the dropdown list. This is similar to an in-Corel "Character Map". Unsure if they moved it for versions after 13.

Character Map itself is generally installed by Windows, it can be found by either going to Start->Run, charmap.exe, or via Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Character Map
There is most likely a Mac/Linux alternative, but unsure what that is.

G-Artist

Or you can just install something like PopChar and see everything inside a font and just click on what you want and it will auto-paste to both your clipboard and whatever you are writing and you don't have to know or lookup the keyboard equivalents. Really a help in forums when you would like to use ™ © ®¼½¾ et al.

Lazy is GOOD!!!