• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fresh Hasenpfeffer!

Bunny

Just a quick line to introduce myself and say "HI!". :smile:

Started in the computer field (fixing computers and systems administration with a side order of graphic/web design), and now moved to large format printing.

Looking forward to becoming a part of the community you've got here!

Bunny

I'm trying my best to avoid the stewpot! A month into the gig and I've already got 3 heads replaced, a bearing plate replaced, and fresh metal shavings on my prints. :(

Running Seiko Colorpainter 64s, Onyx 6.5 with WinXP..

The guys are making jokes about how I broke the machine, but I was told that my predecessor NEVER cleaned it (caps, wipers, NADA), and when I ask about the crunchy noise that I keep hearing "oh, that's normal". Metal shavings came almost immediately after the plate was replaced. I called the tech back out but had to take care of a job while the CO's supervised, after I returned I was told to "just vacuum it if there's any more, and let me know."... Thankfully, there's been no more shavings. o_O

So to combat this apparent circling of the drain for the poor printer: Can I oil the bearing track if I'm extremely careful?

Should I try upgrading to Onyx 7 (my greys require TONS of tweaking, wasting time and supplies) and how would I even begin to attempt this feat?