• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fresh install pealing ?

DH Designs

ok I assume the only option is pulling the section off and replacing but just thought I'd ask if there was a quicker easier fix ? I just did a 5'x8' sign full digital print, but the printer I use have a size restriction of 52" so I set it up to have a small strip on the top and bottom of the sign, well after only being up for a week one of the strips is starting to lift. I cleaned everything the same (made two of these one for each side of the sign) everything else seems fine. anyway is there some type of glue I can stick this back on with or will I need to order another strip and re-install ? Oh yea its lifting on the seam/overlap right now its like a 6"-8" spot but unfortunately we are getting some rain today and tonight that I'm sure is going to mess things up a little more ?

2B

do you have pics? that will help figure out what is going on.

first since this is a layered job where did you install first? top edge or bottom edge? you have to start bottom edge so the layers are overlapping top-to-bottom this will allow the rain to roll off like a roof.

since you are outsourcing find a vendor that has a bigger printer so there are no layers. There are several MM here that have a big enough printers.

is the failing edge on the North, South, East or West facing?

if you want to fix without redoing the entire sign (THIS IS NOT THE PROPER WAY TO FIX IT) then get some UV lamination that is SEVERAL inches larger that the peeling piece and apply it to hold the vinyl down.