• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fresh paint on my new shop...whoo whee!

dwt

We moved this year to take advantage of the real estate mkt or lack there of in central Fla. I'm 20 min north of Disney so outrageous is the norm. I'm not quite done yet but I thought I would share with the class. Hope y'all dig it! If not please tell me why...I'm always eager fer more learn'en!

Attachments

• Garage before.JPG
    Garage before.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Garage after.JPG
    Garage after.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Shop after.JPG
    Shop after.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 93

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Personally, I'm tired of seeing 'Diamond Plate'. In our shop.... we've overused it over the years and it seems like everyone else has too. It's reached the 'Swoosh' and 'Brush Script' levels quickly.

Oh.... and why do the people down there park sideways in parking spaces ??

dwt

I'm in a semi rural area so I've employed a little hillbilly bait as i go fishing for dollars. Although I hear they prefer to be called Appalachian Americans.

dwt

Personally, I'm tired of seeing 'Diamond Plate'. In our shop.... we've overused it over the years and it seems like everyone else has too. It's reached the 'Swoosh' and 'Brush Script' levels quickly.

Yeah, it's not exactly high brow art, but its still a staple in the south. And yes some still ask for brush script. Gotta love the simple life!

dwt

There is alot to see and do that's for sure. Plenty of 'look at me' to attract the tourist dollar. Scenic work year round. Harry potter at universal has been building at incredible speed. 20 acres of theme park in 18 months!

It makes it hard to stand out when you live in 'candy land'. Hence the diamond plate.

performancev

The diamond plate looks good but doesn't go to the top. There is no hard edge to make it look as though the plate stops before the top of the building. The top area looks unfinished, especially the front . The back i would leave like it is. For the front you might try something like putting a border around the text with painted screws/rivets in the corners to make it look like that area is attached to the building and separate from the d/p. The area that is raised would be perfect for some type of catchy phrase.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 90

dwt

I can dig the unfinished biz on the top-side. Something more has to happen up there. I was going to start with a black outline brushed on by hand for the text. The eye travels up too fast with out a bolder stopping point at the top. If this location works I'll mount some channel letters.

And the corona logo go inside, pressed against the palm of my hand at 3:30 every afternoon on most days but today its jagermeister and its raining, so we started at 10:30.

btropical.com

We have been beaten with the rain we had 5 or so inches yesterday in citrus county , we have a jacked up truck to tint we cant fit into shop last 2 days gonna ask customer to do saturday when sunny . Nice looking shop !! We sitting around with colds in our hands nothing to do , bought wife new karaokee loud speakers and new wireless mics so :wine-smi::wine-smi:we watchin the liquid sunshine

dwt

I would have used a more legible typeface personally.

You're right! I found an opportunity to move in to a former store that went under due to mismanagement and refaced what was there and tried to make it impossible to pass with out seeing.

It really should go, and will, if this location is working out. It's very 1995.

I was considering using the first garage for spray in bed liners. Did I mention the rural nature of Florida? Believe it or not, it's still the south.

Craig Sjoquist

Well I like it ... Winter Garden is full of young people so is the surrounding areas
This looks young, active, creative but yet conservative this should do well for ya
as far as font choice normally long lines of script is not used much, but with nothing else to interrupt it looks great

btropical.com

"""Did I mention the rural nature of Florida? Believe it or not, it's still the south. "" Spring turkey coming up next week we have seen awesome signs of turkeys at hunting camp <<< insert pik of ted nugent >> Next thing the sebring race

dwt

Thanks for the kind words, that's exactly what I was reaching for. This is a rather conservative area. Has alot of 3rd and 4th generation families that worked in citrus and never had a reason to leave. Our downtown just got rebuilt with only a handful of buildings left to be rehabbed. So picture perfect that tv/movie crews are always shooting something. No palm trees so it's downtown 'everywhere USA'.

dwt

I grew up in Okeechobee and used to see turkey, deer, hog and plenty-o-gator everywhere.
Camping on the lake and canals was like primal Heaven. AHhhh the good 'ol days!

Had a sticker on my truck for years that said 'support wildlife - party in the woods'.