• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Friction Feed Cutting Gerber Prints

drakesis

Any one using a Friction feed cutter to cut their Gerber Edge prints..? Reason asking is my old Graphix 4b has been acting frizty lately messing up jobs. Can't find another sprocket cutter anywhere near me or within my budget!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Do it all the time..... that being said we do not have Omega. We setup the entire job in FlexiSign Pro which automatically adds marks for our Summa S160T cutter. Seems odd I guess.... cutting 15" material with a max print width of 11" on a 63" cutter. Have not really ever tried a grouping or length of more than about 4 feet though.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The Summa S160T uses an optical scanner to automatically read the registration marks.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
How accurate is it...? Do you use the 2 point or 4 point registration in Flexi...?

Very accurate. 2 point, 4 point, etc is a function of the cutter. Flexi supports what a cutter supports for the most part. Our Summa will have a row of registration marks about every inch along the left and right, it detects as many as it thinks it will need but usually will detect every foot an a half or so. It might use 10 points, it might only use 4....

On some other brand cutter. I cannot say. Summa's are very often regarded as some of the most accurate cutters made but they are still not always perfect every time.

drakesis

Very accurate. 2 point, 4 point, etc is a function of the cutter. Flexi supports what a cutter supports for the most part. Our Summa will have a row of registration marks about every inch along the left and right, it detects as many as it thinks it will need but usually will detect every foot an a half or so. It might use 10 points, it might only use 4....

On some other brand cutter. I cannot say. Summa's are very often regarded as some of the most accurate cutters made but they are still not always perfect every time.

Interesting! I'm going to look into them and others more with the optical feature. I really need something soon to cut my Edge prints. Tired of having waste!

jfiscus

Rap Master
Check craigslist, I've seen a few HS15s recently on it locally here. You're gonna need either a sprocket fed. With an optical sensor plotter, you're gonna have to rethink your entire regular process.

Jillbeans

Jill, what cutter are you using...?

I got a Graphtec because my 4E was getting fritzy. I have a 4E and a 4B for sale for $500 with all the stuff that goes with them including GA 6.2.
The 4E was working when I stopped using it but has sat for over two years. Maybe you could use them both to repair your 4B. Not sure how much to ship to Canada but I was including shipping. They are both rough but have potential.