• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Friday Fun: Current Playlists

flyplainsdrifta

Whats everyone jamming to today in your shop? Anything new?

Right now ive got some live Greensky Bluegrass going loud. Nothing like banjos echoing in a big warehouse.

MikePro

Mumford & Sons & Foster the People are my favorite Pandora stations for driving.
Just crushed back2back 11hr driving shifts bringing our new truck back from the ISA show in Vegas and they kept me in good company.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Lot of these are old bands... I don't get listening to stuff over and over again for years. I don't listen to the music I did 10-20 years ago, it's boring. I mean, I have moments where I would for nostalgia but 95% of the time it's new stuff. But maybe when I'm old I'll want to time travel back to younger days, and music surly does that... In 2050 I'll be livin la vida loca.

WildWestDesigns

I'm more of an OTR guy. Long, before my time, but far more enjoyable (for me anyway). Dedicated NAS for my collection that streams to all devices with LAN access that has UPnP functionality.

flyplainsdrifta

Lot of these are old bands... I don't get listening to stuff over and over again for years. I don't listen to the music I did 10-20 years ago, it's boring. I mean, I have moments where I would for nostalgia but 95% of the time it's new stuff. But maybe when I'm old I'll want to time travel back to younger days, and music surly does that.

i definitley get that. i more often then not will just keep adding to the repertoire the things that i am into. i played in hardcore punk bands from 15 to 19, did a bunch of hip hop and breakdancing between 18-22 and got super into phish and other jam bands over the last 4 or 5 years. but constantly evolving tastes dont mean i dont like to throw on some minor threat from time to time and run in a circle or jam out to some krs-one. ill always circle back to stuff i loved. nice little trip down memory lane you know? coming from a musical background, those roots run deeeeeeep.

equippaint

Lot of these are old bands... I don't get listening to stuff over and over again for years. I don't listen to the music I did 10-20 years ago, it's boring. I mean, I have moments where I would for nostalgia but 95% of the time it's new stuff. But maybe when I'm old I'll want to time travel back to younger days, and music surly does that... In 2050 I'll be livin la vida loca.
La vida loca? I can see you pulling onto a job, cheeseburger in hand, coffee spilled all over your pants and jamming out to this.
Nice thing about the old stuff, their talent got them where they are and keeps them relevant still today. Now the music industry is about finding the look that people want and trying to throw together some sort of music to sell the package. Look at the old successful bands, some ugly dudes back then, they wouldn't even be looked at by any major record cos today.

rjssigns

When I'm in the kitchen it's Smooth Jazz on Pandora.
When I'm in the shop anything goes. I run the gamut from metal, rock, and classical to Luciano Pavarotti and Andrea Bocelli

TimToad

Napster and Spotify are mixing it up all day. Alice In Chains, Eagles Of Death Metal, UFO, Living Colour, Thin Lizzy, L7, Sonny Clark, Lucinda Williams, Dandy Warhols, Wilco, Son Volt, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Neil Young, most Cubs games, Jeff Beck, NPR, Democracy Now!, list is too long.