• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

From corel to flexi

PhantomNeon

I'm new on Flexisignpro 8.6, I do a lot work on CorelDraw Graphic suite 4, but i'm unable to export into flexi, and when finally does it looks terrible, sometimes I export EPS file, but Flexi say "file format not supported", is a big problem since I design all my effects, shadows, and logos on Corel...
Someone told me that Illustrator work great with Flexi....I never use it before...
Someone has experience importing Corel files on Flexi ? is not really compatible at all ????
Thanks...
We're a neon professionals, learning digital printing....

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I'm new on Flexisignpro 8.6, I do a lot work on CorelDraw Graphic suite 4, but i'm unable to export into flexi, and when finally does it looks terrible, sometimes I export EPS file, but Flexi say "file format not supported", is a big problem since I design all my effects, shadows, and logos on Corel...
Someone told me that Illustrator work great with Flexi....I never use it before...
Someone has experience importing Corel files on Flexi ? is not really compatible at all ????
Thanks...

The best way to export out of Corel and into Flexi is to use a cmx file. Neither Corel nor Flexi handle eps and ai files elegantly. Even with cmx files there are things to know. An outlne in Corel is a stroke in Flexi. Best to use contour instead of outlines in Corel. Corel has no feature which translates into a Flexi outline. Complex fills, like gradients, can be problematic. Flexi cannot recognize a transparent bitmap from Corel. Flexi also has trouble dealing with a power clip from Corel.

If I'm just cutting or doing simple prints, I use Flexi from start to finish. If I'm doing printing with effects, fancy fills, drop shadows, transparent bitmaps, etc. I'll export from Corel as a 150 dpi jpg and bring that jpg directly into Production Manager and bypass Flexi completely. You can do the same thing with pdf's but a pdf can have some annoying color shifts. Not so with a jpg.

imagep

Thanks...

Unless I am having to contour cut the design, I usually print it straight from Corel Draw. I've never had a problem with that.

If I do need Flexi, I usually export Draw files as an eps and import into Flexi. bobs suggestion will probably work better though - I have just never tried it.

Jim Doggett

I've always gotten the best results exporting and EPS, with the Tiff header turned off (no header). That seems to send the best vectors.

lsogift

Can't Copy from corel draw x7 into Lxi

I have been copying and pasting from CorelDraw to LXI for 9 years and now I can't do it.. When do it shows up as a bitmap... HELP