Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From Corelx3 To Versaworks Rip Failure

Discussion in 'Corel' started by Bobas Kalobas, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Bobas Kalobas

Bobas Kalobas New Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Baxley
    Hello,
    Recently and suddenly, my files will not rip. I export .eps from Corelx3 to Versaworks software and the window pops up "Versaworks application has stopped working, check online for a solution and close the program.etc"
    I am using Win7 professional, plenty of Ram and an i7 processor.

Tags:
  2. Bobas Kalobas

Bobas Kalobas New Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Baxley
    Is there anyone that can help? Thanks

3. Roto

Roto Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Try using PDF to go to the RIP

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    Some trouble shooting stuff: Make sure you have the latest updates of VersaWorks installed. Going the PDF route is worth a try. Normally anything I design in CorelDRAW and send to VersaWorks is usually going through Adobe Illustrator first to get the colors just right.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bobas Kalobas

Bobas Kalobas New Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Baxley
    Thank you sir for your help But, will the .pdf still allow me to have a CUTLINE? I use .EPS because it is the only one that I can print/cutContour.
    I am willing to buy new design software, but would hate to see the same problem still remain.

6. Bobas Kalobas

Bobas Kalobas New Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Baxley
    I do not have AI. but, I do have the lastest Versaworks installed.. I also have the technicians baffled on this problem. They cannot figure it out.

7. Vohaul

Vohaul Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Calgary alberta
    Yes it does.... 99 percent of my jobs are sent from Corel as pdfs..... using Roland colours and a cut line .... no issues, aside from that transparency thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    You do know you can plot from Corel with a software plugin. We use FineCut Pro. All Cut lines and Registration Marks are set up from various workstations throughout the shop using Corel and macros. Our prints are done from a designated RIP workstation via Flexi Production Manager. We print eps,.tif and pdf