• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

From Fast Boats to Slow logos :)

GRAFIKWORX

Hey everyone,
I was in the Sign Business from the mid 80s to mid 90s,Mostly Hand Painted back then. It sure has changed since then. Anyway I have been doing Custom Boat and Motor Sports graphics for the past 12 years but its getting harder to find people that want to spend $25,000 on paint jobs these days. My ex wife is still in our old Sign business and doing pretty well for herself, (she mostly does vinyl Boat names).

I was thinking of venturing into to the general public to be in a more mainstream market again, offering Graphic design service, trucks, Logos and signs and what ever involves layout.
attached: are some renderings of what I do now.
Also attached: is my first try on a new Logo for myself to hit the streets with to offer my services.
Feel free to tell me what you think of the logo and the change of direction for my type of work.
Thanx Harold

Attachments

• 39-2008-Purple.jpg
    39-2008-Purple.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Phillys-Truck-#3.jpg
    Phillys-Truck-#3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 50-Truck-Design-white-top.jpg
    50-Truck-Design-white-top.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 74
  • GWD-logo.jpg
    GWD-logo.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 84

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I like the GWD. I don't like the stretched Avant Garde type below it... (or is that Century Gothic?) Whatever. No distorted type. Ever. Especially in a logo.

... my two cents

<edit> ...and by the way, welcome to S101... :)

Tim Kingston

I like the blue logo best. I like the clever way you used the descending tip; it reminds me of a cutting or plotter tip, very appropriate. Also, the smaller "W' fits in there very well. I might try and spread out the word spacing below , just to see if I could align it better and make it easier to read. I think it is smart to concentrate on the higher end of the market with products you have experence with, i.e. boats etc.

GRAFIKWORX

136 Views and only 3 replies..? I figured more Design pro's on here would want to tear apart my Logo attempt. personally I think its too simple the way it is, but I was hoping for more comments befor I modify it....

x2chris7x

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid. Simple is good, easy to read, and looks professional.

I like bottom left logo.

Mike F

136 Views and only 3 replies..? I figured more Design pro's on here would want to tear apart my Logo attempt. personally I think its too simple the way it is, but I was hoping for more comments befor I modify it....

Take it as a good omen, if it was bad you would have gotten a lot more comments detailing every thing you did wrong.

OldPaint

your boat graphics looks a lot like a freind of mine in sarasota who did most of the SCARAAB boat graphics. the trucks are ok, but the LOGO......reminds me of a snowplow/heavey duty truck named FWD)))))))

SignManiac

Bottom left was my first choice too. The gray horizontal bar subliminally makes it clear the G is a G. And Less is More....