• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Frost Vinyl overlap or buttjoint?

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Should I overlap or buttjoint the frost vinyl? Maybe butt joint and extra strip on top to seal it???!
Which method would work better if the glass is inside the building and never sees sun vs. a window that gets baked by the sun daily.
Does anyone have any failure with a specific brand when it comes to either of these methods?
i am using general formulations.

ThatGriffGuy

I have always butt jointed it. A wet install makes it easy to slide against the other sheet. I have only installed frost in windows that see minimal sun or for event purposes. Long term direct UV installs may be different.

CSOCSO

yeah. not sure how this "affordable" general formulations frost vinyl will hold up with buttjoint

ARGENTO

Advanced beginner
Excuse me guys.... I am looking for an image of a butt joint...to see how to do it.
I can not find in google.
Any help there?

Thanks!

CSOCSO

Excuse me guys.... I am looking for an image of a butt joint...to see how to do it.
I can not find in google.
Any help there?

Thanks!

just do a search on youtube vinyl buttjoint
look at the audi r8 video