• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

frosted vinyl

Josh Kuper

What is your preferred hinge method to lay frosted vinyl to the inside of a recessed window. I tried to come down a few inches from the top to start the hinge from the edge but the tape droops some and makes the vinyl crooked at the bottom. Hinging the top of the vinyl seems to work but I need to use duct tape so it won't pull off but is tricky to remove the tape after the frosted is laid

weyandsign

You need to hinge it horizontally, and make the vinyl a couple inches bigger than the window. Then trim the excess with a xacto knife after it's on the glass

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
1666986091033.png

...maybe not.

ikarasu

We just pull the whole frosted off the backer, sorry it with baby soap, the. Attach it to the window.. no hinging or pulling back. Super easy... We do 10 ft by 4 ft panels that way, then you align the top / left to the window and only need to trim the bottom and right. With the right mixture it glides on the window until you press it down...so it makes aligning easy.