• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Froze problem - can't save

PhantomNeon

Probably this is a old thread here.....
I've a Dell precision 7500, quad core, Xeon 2.00Ghz, 6GbRAM, 64bits VISTA, Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO, running Flexisign pro 8.6 v2. Build 1472...
I've a problem with my flexi, when i work with big files ( as car wraps) it froze at any moment, and I lost all my job, I'm unable to save almost anything sometimes, the background go like clear color, and nothing happens, also some big files say error and suddenlly close the program, or sometimes say the files is not Flexi when I try to save, so I'm unable to save a lot files.
Is normal that Flexi run this way, my computer is brand new, and this is affecting my job really bad....
Sometimes my RAM IS USE AT 30% ( AS MY GADGET SHOWS ME) and still get froze.
someone has the same problem, or I'm doing something wrong ? get windows 7 will made some diferent ?

Ghost Prophet

This is a software (Windows Vista or Flexi) problem. It doesn't sound at all like a hardware problem (I'm a computer tech, yay me). If it was because of hardware, like your harddrive or bad memory, it would be very inconsistent and just freeze up or crash all the time, not just on large loads, especially with your system specs which are very good.

I am curious though, what's the size and speed of your primary harddrive? Example: 400gb 10,000rpm << A fast harddrive like this would make your large jobs a bit faster, but shouldn't affect stability

I recommend you upgrade to Windows 7 as downgrading to XP with that much memory isn't an option, and Vista has a laundry list of known issues.

You should also try checking with SAi (Flexi) support to see if that is a known issue in the software version you have.

EDIT: Try to reproduce the problem with something that doesn't matter, like just throw some huge text at the program that you think will make it freeze... Then once you've reproduced the problem, make the text again and then resize it to something smaller. If it's simply a matter of the size of what you're working on then I have to lean toward it being a Flexi problem, but it could be that Flexi/Vista have compatibility issues.

mikey-Oh

EDIT: Try to reproduce the problem with something that doesn't matter, like just throw some huge text at the program that you think will make it freeze... Then once you've reproduced the problem, make the text again and then resize it to something smaller. If it's simply a matter of the size of what you're working on then I have to lean toward it being a Flexi problem, but it could be that Flexi/Vista have compatibility issues.

:cool1: that's solid advice gp! first step of problem solving's identifying the problem.

LittleSnakey

I would recomend windows XP64
we had nothing but problems with flexi and vista

Probably this is a old thread here.....
I've a Dell precision 7500, quad core, Xeon 2.00Ghz, 6GbRAM, 64bits VISTA, Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO, running Flexisign pro 8.6 v2. Build 1472...
I've a problem with my flexi, when i work with big files ( as car wraps) it froze at any moment, and I lost all my job, I'm unable to save almost anything sometimes, the background go like clear color, and nothing happens, also some big files say error and suddenlly close the program, or sometimes say the files is not Flexi when I try to save, so I'm unable to save a lot files.
Is normal that Flexi run this way, my computer is brand new, and this is affecting my job really bad....
Sometimes my RAM IS USE AT 30% ( AS MY GADGET SHOWS ME) and still get froze.
someone has the same problem, or I'm doing something wrong ? get windows 7 will made some diferent ?