• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Frustrated with Scale Box

cyclone

A customer sent me an EPS file from adobe illustrator. I imported into flexi - got it open okay! Trying to put a contour cut on it but when i go to effects and apply my contour cut it wants to cut on the scaling box. Grrrr I've tried over and over! Any ideas?

gabagoo

make sure it is either ungrouped or unmasked. Make sure it is a vectored file...I have seen many genius designers make vector art from bitmaps...not!!!

GK

my assumption would be that the designer of the original file set the crop marks or trim path already as if the file would be setup for an offset job (very common problem) so flexi is trying to cut the wrong path because of this.

FT1

Are you saying that if you highlight it, it shows a square box around the graphic and it is contour cutting around that?
If that IS the case, take your cleaver/scissors and cut threw the box outline at a corner to cut threw two sides. Then you should be able to highlight the two potions of the box and delete them.