Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrated with Scale Box

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by cyclone, May 15, 2008.

1. cyclone

cyclone New Member

Apr 27, 2008
    A customer sent me an EPS file from adobe illustrator. I imported into flexi - got it open okay! Trying to put a contour cut on it but when i go to effects and apply my contour cut it wants to cut on the scaling box. Grrrr I've tried over and over! Any ideas?

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    :beer :munchie: :beer.........always helps

3. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    make sure it is either ungrouped or unmasked. Make sure it is a vectored file...I have seen many genius designers make vector art from bitmaps...not!!!

4. GK

GK Very Active Member

Apr 30, 2007
    NYC
    my assumption would be that the designer of the original file set the crop marks or trim path already as if the file would be setup for an offset job (very common problem) so flexi is trying to cut the wrong path because of this.

5. FT1

FT1 Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Are you saying that if you highlight it, it shows a square box around the graphic and it is contour cutting around that?
    If that IS the case, take your cleaver/scissors and cut threw the box outline at a corner to cut threw two sides. Then you should be able to highlight the two potions of the box and delete them.