Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fsck :: Hp l25500

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by GP, May 6, 2013.

1. GP

GP Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2007
    SC
    Flipped printer (HP L25500) on this morning and it seems to be performing a File Systems check.

Not sure why - but it is taking FOREVER!

Is this a sign of potential problems?

Gregg

Tags:
  2. sballinger

sballinger Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Sycamore, IL
    Is it the first time it's been turned on and off this month? I know our LX850 does a file system check at the beginning of each month when powered on. Ours did it this morning because it was shut down Friday

3. GP

GP Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2007
    SC
    I guess so. I have never noticed this....

It's been "initializing" for about 20 minutes.

4. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

i just stopped turning mine off, has been on for at least 9 months if not more...

5. GP

GP Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2007
    SC
    Going on well over an hour - hourglass still spinning "Initializing. Please wait."

This is unnerving...

6. tattoo.dan

tattoo.dan Active Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern Il
    Yeah, I never shut mine off either...You may want to restart it if it taking that long...is it progressing or froze up?

7. GP

GP Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2007
    SC
    It was progressing earlier -

There was a message to the right and above the normal progress bar that read "FSCK 42%" - it was stuck on 42 for a while and I did a hard restart thinking it was stuck. Powered down, unplugged for a few seconds and powered back up.

This time, I waited through it - it eventually hit 100% then moved on to this "Initializing. Please wait" screen.

I have been here about an hour. Like I said, it is still twirling - and ever so often, the hour glass will stop for a few seconds, then proceed to twirling.

I would hard restart again - but fear that it would just start over - if, in fact, it is working its way through something.

I can't find any documentation on it anywhere.

8. SoCal

SoCal Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Montclair, CA
    It happens on mine too. I actually had the "fortune" of it happening while I had a tech here to work on the printer for an unrelated issue. He said it's normal and its just a thorough check the printer does on itself to make sure nothing is wrong. It is very annoying as it takes anywhere from 30-60 mins.

9. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    this is normal and is part of the routine maintenance of the printer. its to make sure that nothing is corrupeted in the printers firmware. we print so much across our 3, we deal with it all the time.

10. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    I've had mines turned on since the day i bought it. Why on earth would you turn it off. It does cleaning cycles on some evenings, and use no energy on sleep mode.

You're saving maybe 1 dollar a week unplugging it.

11. GP

GP Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2007
    SC
    Thanks everyone - it finally cycled through - took about 2 hours.

Finally threw error 79:04.

Forced restart and started as normal.

12. GP

GP Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2007
    SC
    Convinced.