• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fsck :: Hp l25500

GP

Flipped printer (HP L25500) on this morning and it seems to be performing a File Systems check.

Not sure why - but it is taking FOREVER!

Is this a sign of potential problems?

Gregg

sballinger

Is it the first time it's been turned on and off this month? I know our LX850 does a file system check at the beginning of each month when powered on. Ours did it this morning because it was shut down Friday

GP

I guess so. I have never noticed this....

It's been "initializing" for about 20 minutes.

GP

Going on well over an hour - hourglass still spinning "Initializing. Please wait."

This is unnerving...

tattoo.dan

Yeah, I never shut mine off either...You may want to restart it if it taking that long...is it progressing or froze up?

GP

It was progressing earlier -

There was a message to the right and above the normal progress bar that read "FSCK 42%" - it was stuck on 42 for a while and I did a hard restart thinking it was stuck. Powered down, unplugged for a few seconds and powered back up.

This time, I waited through it - it eventually hit 100% then moved on to this "Initializing. Please wait" screen.

I have been here about an hour. Like I said, it is still twirling - and ever so often, the hour glass will stop for a few seconds, then proceed to twirling.

I would hard restart again - but fear that it would just start over - if, in fact, it is working its way through something.

I can't find any documentation on it anywhere.

Santimus

It happens on mine too. I actually had the "fortune" of it happening while I had a tech here to work on the printer for an unrelated issue. He said it's normal and its just a thorough check the printer does on itself to make sure nothing is wrong. It is very annoying as it takes anywhere from 30-60 mins.

ProWraps

this is normal and is part of the routine maintenance of the printer. its to make sure that nothing is corrupeted in the printers firmware. we print so much across our 3, we deal with it all the time.

HulkSmash

I've had mines turned on since the day i bought it. Why on earth would you turn it off. It does cleaning cycles on some evenings, and use no energy on sleep mode.

You're saving maybe 1 dollar a week unplugging it.

GP

Thanks everyone - it finally cycled through - took about 2 hours.

Finally threw error 79:04.

Forced restart and started as normal.

GP

I've had mines turned on since the day i bought it. Why on earth would you turn it off. It does cleaning cycles on some evenings, and use no energy on sleep mode.

You're saving maybe 1 dollar a week unplugging it.

Convinced.