• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FTP clinet software

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I've been using SmartFTP for about 9 or 10 years now. Runs like you expect and well supported. They have a free, time-limited download so you can evaluate it before you buy.

P

ProWraps™

find an old copy of wsftple. been using it for over 10 years. great software, straight forward, and free.

choucove

I've been using FileZilla personally and really like it. They are always keeping up with updates, and one of the reasons the administrators at KU liked it so much was that it supported secure protocol transfers as well, not just standard FTP.

rfulford

WS FTP is my all time favorite for the PC. Too bad its a paid program now. Filezilla is pretty good but a bit cluttered for my taste. Another freebie not mentioned is the Fireftp plugin for Firefox.

Go to Tools > Add Ons then search for fire ftp.

It

Artildawn

FTP is built into all available operating systems. If you just need to do file transfers than there is no need to get a third party program. As I'm windows based, I have "network places" directly linked to FTP servers. I can do drag and drop, as well as file management through this.

If you're doing this for a site you have hosted, you might also want to check out the host's server tools for a ftp/file manager.

Just saying you don't need to get something unless there are some specific features you're looking for that aren't covered by the OS or the host control panel.

Checkers

Michael is right, most sites, programs and OS's have FTP built in.
Unless you're doing some major work, you can use Internet Explorer and "drag and drop". However, my personal favorite is FireFTP which is an add-on to the Firefox browser.

Checkers