• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FTP - How to?

Colin

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 74

Colin

no wonder... you downloaded and installed Filezilla SERVER, not the Filezilla Client...

Doh. You're right. Their two options for download are misleading, as one says "Windows"....and that's the Server one.

Oh well, I seem to be getting the file via the other way...........thanks all.

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
So now that you have Filezilla server up and running post the log-in/password info here so we can use your win7 machine to transfer our big files in and out.......

wayne k
guam usa

good that you got it worked out.
whk

Tim Kingston

Doh. You're right. Their two options for download are misleading, as one says "Windows"....and that's the Server one.

Oh well, I seem to be getting the file via the other way...........thanks all.

You are most welcome. Glad it worked out for you. I would also recommend "You sent it" and "Drop Box" , I love them both. But in a case like yours, why not go the simplistic route. I'm not sure how many people realize that you can use " My Computer" like that. I know I didn't. As someone else wisely pointing out, you can use your browser, but I like the idea of dragging and dropping in a familiar way. Have a good one! Tim.