• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuji Acuity HSX2 Question About Roll Media Option

dethsky

I need to know how the Media Advance Correction Factor comes into play when using the Roll Media Option on the printer. I was printing on 14oz Banner and there were no white lines in between the prints or overlaps on the print. I have the Media Tension set to Low and I have the Media Advance Correction Factor set to 93. I then switched to printing on 18oz Banner and now Im getting white bands in the print. I know this has to do with the media getting advanced to far forward and the thickness of the material probably has a factor in this as well. What I basically need is a formula for knowing how to use the Media Roll Option, the Tension bar and the Media advance correction factor when switching in between different types of materials. If there is a forum for this already please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

DougWestwood

We have a FUJI roll option

Yeah, tough problem, which I have only been able to fix with trial and error.
I don't know of a formula to gauge thickness/advance.

Just keep stopping and starting until it looks right, and then make
a note of the settings.

When you come up with guidelines, please post!
- Doug
Vancouver

dethsky

Ok so in the Roll Manager I actually have a lot of different settings for different types of materials. I had to make one for the 14oz Banner since it was printing nice with the setting I was using before I went to the 18 oz Banner. The settings I'm using for the 18 oz banner (54"x100') are as follows.

Media Width (mm) 1892.3
Media Thickness (mm) 0.8
Media Tension Low
Media Advance Correction Factor 87

AlsEU

If you have new material, which doesn't work on settings you have already, you should create new entry in the material list (or at least determine the MACF value for the new substrate). Here is small procedure:

Procedure to Determine the MACF
1. Put several instances of the MACF print in the print queue.
2. Print with a default MACF of 50 (adjusted in Roll Media Manager).
3. If white lines appear, the media is overstepping. Gradually decrease the MACF until
the white lines start to disappear. Make a note of the MACF value. Continue to
decrease the MACF until dark lines just start to appear, and note the value. Typically,
the average of these two is the ideal MACF for this media.
4. Similarly, if dark lines appear lines appear, the media is under-stepping. Gradually
increase the MACF until the dark lines start to disappear. Make a note of the MACF
value. Continue to increase the MACF until white lines just start to appear, and note
the value. Typically, the average of these two is the ideal MACF for this media.