Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji Acuity LED 1600

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Ditchmiester, May 29, 2012.

1. Ditchmiester

Ditchmiester Active Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Oswego, IL
    I saw a YouTube video on this posted on here but don't remember where it was at. I find this printer very interesting. My question is does Fuji sell through Dealers or do they sell direct. If it is dealers does anyone know of one near Chicago?

Thanks,

Ditch

Tags:
  2. miker

miker Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Fuji has a large demo facility in the western burbs of chicago. The acuity is a high quality machine.

3. Ditchmiester

Mar 24, 2011
    Oswego, IL
    Awesome. I will have to check it out. I'm very intrigued to find out what the LED 1600is going to cost.

4. sandraF

sandraF New Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Hi,

Did you find out info on this LED printer. can you share some thoughts please .
    thank you :)

5. Ditchmiester

Mar 24, 2011
    Oswego, IL
    I saw this printer at graph expo this year in Chicago. It has a beautiful white ink and great print speeds. The only downside was the price tag. Close to 100k for a pinch roller machine in my mind is a lot.

6. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Anyone else looking at these? The price has came down a lot!!! I'm seriously considering one and if things work out will be going to Chicago to check one out.

7. uv

uv New Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Australia
    I am seriously considering one of these machines as well. our fuji teck told me they work very well as a roll to roll unit but not as reliable when using to print to rigid's.
    The sales guy came in the other day and said they are down to $65k.

They print up to 20sqm / h in cmyk mode and can print white and clear. Yet to see the quality at 20sqm.
    Have seen sample prints at a show and quality was great not sure what speed it was printed at.

I have delt with a few of the larger print suppliers over the years and really like fuji's service not sure what they are like in the states.

The other machine i have been looking at is the HP Latex 360 was quoted $35k , it can print quite a bit faster than the fuji but no white ink. 31sqm/h was acceptable for billboards it claims to print at 91sqm but the sales guy didn't even give us a sample at that speed??? i would be printing in the 6pass mode @ 23sqm. see link http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA5-0976EEP.pdf

Anyway hope this helps

8. swordguy3222

swordguy3222 New Member

May 18, 2012
    Canada
    We are also looking into this machine, but want to know what people who have bought one have to say about it. Does it run smooth all the time? How reliable is it? One video I saw, shows the press running and is quit loud, is it a loud press?