• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuji Acuity Old Printheads

Jesse P

Hello, Does anyone know of a way that you can clean old print heads after they've been replaced and the old ones have been sitting out for a bit? we got all new print heads and now the old ones have dried but id like to try and salvage them. Any suggestions ? or know of anyone who does this ?

Thanks in advance

AlsEU

Many years ago I was cleaning 6 CA3 heads (taken from the oldest Acuity printer model) in the ultrasonic cleaner using original flushing solution. The result was perfect - 100% nozzles recovered, but after 10 months all these printheads died within 20 days. Generally they don't like ultrasonic cleaners, sitting in the flush etc. It's random - you can get result like me or you can kill the head immediately. Since than I don't do it anymore, especially when we talk about CE2 heads. Problem is that the flush doesn't dissolve cured ink or sediments. It's possible to find more aggresive fluid, but it will damage the head itself.