Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji Acuity Old Printheads

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by Jesse P, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Jesse P

Jesse P New Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Hello, Does anyone know of a way that you can clean old print heads after they've been replaced and the old ones have been sitting out for a bit? we got all new print heads and now the old ones have dried but id like to try and salvage them. Any suggestions ? or know of anyone who does this ?

Thanks in advance

2. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    NMP is the preferred toshiba head cleaner here.

3. AlsEU

AlsEU Member

Jul 16, 2014
    European Union
    Many years ago I was cleaning 6 CA3 heads (taken from the oldest Acuity printer model) in the ultrasonic cleaner using original flushing solution. The result was perfect - 100% nozzles recovered, but after 10 months all these printheads died within 20 days. Generally they don't like ultrasonic cleaners, sitting in the flush etc. It's random - you can get result like me or you can kill the head immediately. Since than I don't do it anymore, especially when we talk about CE2 heads. Problem is that the flush doesn't dissolve cured ink or sediments. It's possible to find more aggresive fluid, but it will damage the head itself.