• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuji Acuity Opaque White Wont Stop Dripping

dethsky

Is there anything I can do to help the Opaque White keep from dripping out of the ink head? I know its common for the white to drip when you close off the valve to do a purge to the other colors but when I leave the valve open it still drips... and I mean an excessive amount. The room is 72 degrees and I don't know what the temp of the ink head is. If there is any info on this I would appreciate it greatly as the white is dripping onto my substrates when I print making it a pain in the *** to get anything done.

Nate1n22

How many nozzles are out? I have this problem when I drop a lot of nozzles in the middle of the print. Does it drip on either the far left or right side? Usually it's because ink is accumulating on the printhead and the motion from the carriage going the other direction causes it drip.

theyllek

I had this problem with clear ink a while back and it was because there was ink in the low-vac line coming out of the reservoir in the head. We weren't able to determine when/why the low-vac went wonky to pull ink into the line.

UVRay

The degas filter on top of the carriage could be clogged and with white ink you won't be able to see it as easily as you would a CMYK ink channel. If you have a spare filter try swapping it out on the white, it may help and certainly won't hurt.

It's always been an issue with white being a bit funky, it's a very heavy ink and it always more of a pain than other colors.