• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fuji acuity or oce arizona owners - static bar

DoubleDown

Anyone here have the static suppression bar for their acuity or oce? I'm looking for any information on the bar itself that tells who the manufacturer is.

I have been running a 2504hd for 3 years now and we have never needed one. The last tech guy that came in tried to sell me one. He said it was about $2000 to be fitted to the machine. We do have a static wand we run over our pvc but only for lamination purposes, not printing.

ellsmako

It works NOT, it the most useless piece of garbage on that machine. In roll to roll it is not even used. Better to get an electrostatics machine for 1500, garrenteed to work. Model 465. you can use it on any equipment in cluding laminators. portable, hell it will even make you feel better since its a negative ion generator

BrushedRed

It works NOT, it the most useless piece of garbage on that machine. In roll to roll it is not even used. Better to get an electrostatics machine for 1500, garrenteed to work. Model 465. you can use it on any equipment in cluding laminators. portable, hell it will even make you feel better since its a negative ion generator

I beg to differ We used to see allot of static related issues on acrylics and coroplasts now all prints are clean and we don't wipe down a single sheet; drop and go.

ellsmako

I beg to differ We used to see allot of static related issues on acrylics and coroplasts now all prints are clean and we don't wipe down a single sheet; drop and go.

We do not need to wipe anything either, the dry eastern canadian air and really humid summers used to be troublesome, not anymore. If they work for you Great. I found that they are so far away from the material and there is no blower on them that they were next to useless except for shocking an operator who toched them by acccident. They Ionizer is portable , unlike the one on the machine so you use it where you need it. We also use the same materials as well as backlight and clear roll poly . No more static period.

Like I said when roll printing the bar is no where near the material.

Fudley

Static bar a must

On styrene with our OCE 550 with static bar on = good prints, turn it off and we get ink overspray and weird haloing. Static bar makes the machine work. I'd hate to be without it. Also helps given we're in rocky mtns with low humidity. It really works well.