• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuji Acuity printhead

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We carry most of the printheads for Wide & Grand format printers. What kind of printhead does it use? We have Spectra, Konica, Toshiba, Xaar, Epson, Canon and more.

Francis

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We have two vendors. One is for Xaar and another is for CA4W. Whatever customer want, we go to specific vendor. To your question, we never took Xaar vendor 318 head to CA4W customer. I heard about the interchangable but not sure if it'd work. I will call up our vendor and find out. Will keep this thread updated.

Regards,
Francis

Bigmancr2003

Toshiba CA4W printhead

I am using the Oce Arizona 350GT and used to buy the original Oce CA4 printhead.

Recently, I have bought the Toshiba CA4 from DigiSupplies from belgium. It's not exactly the same to the Océ printhead.

The Oce origin printhead model is CA4LB but DigiSupplies is CA4W. After installation, the quality of printing is not good, a lot of nozzles are missing

May I ask what difference between CA4W and CA4LB? Anyone has the same problem with me?

If yes, please share me some experience about CA4W printhead.

Thanks in advance.

artbot

i believe there are wave voltage setting options built directly onto the chip in the print head. if the ink's viscosity does not match the wave voltage options, you will get lots of missing nozzles. wave sets are very particular and need to match the ink's characteristics exactly. i don't believe this is data that can be "firmware'd" into the head. it's set.

Bigmancr2003

I agree with you that the voltage must match with the ink's viscosity. It will Come with the new printhead for individual printer or ink.

With CA4, it has serial number, voltage, and wave form for inputting after installation.

@artbot Do you have any experience about CA4 ?

Thank you.

artbot

very little. just got a beater h700 in my studio that i am slowly fixing up. it has ca4w. i make my own ink for my processes and have found that the head is very finicky viscosity wise. seems i've saved one really clogged head with nmp (which melted my waste drain tube). wish they weren't so expensive.

stephane

Merchant Member
I am using the Oce Arizona 350GT and used to buy the original Oce CA4 printhead.

Recently, I have bought the Toshiba CA4 from DigiSupplies from belgium. It's not exactly the same to the Océ printhead.

The Oce origin printhead model is CA4LB but DigiSupplies is CA4W. After installation, the quality of printing is not good, a lot of nozzles are missing

May I ask what difference between CA4W and CA4LB? Anyone has the same problem with me?

If yes, please share me some experience about CA4W printhead.

Thanks in advance.

Dear Bigmancr2003,

We at DIGIPRINT SUPPLIES are sorry and surprised to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your experience in purchasing Toshiba CA4 printheads from our site, and we appreciate your feedback.

We are selling a large amount of Toshiba CA4W printheads to Océ Arizona customers and we have never been informed about such problems in the past on the contrary, we know for a fact that these printheads work very well, as well as Océ printheads.

To answer your comment with technical facts, please note that the CA4LB is a modified version of the CA4W printhead. It is not modified electronically, but only mechanically in that the CA4LB has a single connector for ink delivery - instead of two in the CA4W - and the CA4LB has an alignment bar attached to the body of the printhead. Other than that, the two printheads are exactly the same.

Toshiba does not make a range of printheads only for the Océ Arizona printers when it comes to waveforms and driving voltage. Instead, it requires the printer manufacturers to implement a software system so that the voltage sent and the waveform applied can be controlled from the printer. Missing nozzles might be the result of not applying the correct voltages, a problem in the ink delivery system, the notorious ink-pooling issue most Océ Arizona printers suffer from, air in the ink delivery system and so on. We wonder if you used the correct voltage information. This can be tricky when buying CA4 heads from other sources but we at DIGIPRINT SUPPLIES translate the Toshiba voltage information into Océ settings and you should not have faced any problem if you followed our instructions.

We cannot find any order in our system with the email address you used on this forum. Could you let us know the order number you are referring to? We want to be sure that the printhead was purchased from us as you can understand? We will consequently open a ticket on our support platform and do our upmost to help you resolve the issue as we do with all our customer. We offer FREE technical support online as you may know.

Our team is continually looking into ways to better ensure that all product information is updated and accessible to our customers to prevent similar situations in the future. Please don’t hesitate to let us know how we can continue to enhance our service to best serve you.

The DIGIPRINT SUPPLIES team

Zombowski

Don't know what happened to my previous post, just wanted to say I bought a couple of CA4W for my Océ Arizona 350 and installed them without any issue (after changing the ink inlet and re-using the alignment bar of the old head of course). Maybe you did not have access to an SDS key so you could not dial in voltage and waveform?