Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full bleed 1204 and 1604

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Trimtint, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Trimtint

Trimtint Member

May 24, 2007
    Any one know how to on a valuejet those holders having me scratching my head.

Snapper

Tags:
  2. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    These are not full bleed printers, they require a minimum of 3 mm on each side (just less than 1/4"), primarily to avoid printing on the platen.

3. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    I can print full bleed on 38 in banner material......................I haven't tried any 48 yet.............

4. kirkbedtelyon

kirkbedtelyon Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Gaylord, MI
    You can print a full 48" but you have to do it in uni-direction mode. It's a lot slower than the bi-directional mode but it gets the job done.

5. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    You can print full bleeds in bi-directional, if you know how to trick the machine. I did it a few times with my Mimaki, im not sure on the Roland printers though.

6. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    thats correct...you can print full bleed on a Mutoh 48 in uni -direction ,some peeps on here say you cant....but you can!!!!!!!!!!

7. Case

Case Member

Jul 21, 2004
    IN
    Yes, you can print a full 48" in uni-directional mode. But if take off your edge cards and try to "trick" the machine to print "full bleed" and if you have a head strike because you took the edge guards(media hold down shields) then you are risking voiding your warranty on your printer... It's your choice if you want to take that risk.

Case