• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Full depth pop-out stickers/Graphtec

303DC

Hello! I've been wondering lately about a certain type of sticker I'm looking to offer to customers. When I do pop-out stickers, I usually set a border of about 1/4" for the perf cut, then the normal kiss cut. This leaves a 1/4" of scrap to weed, and leaves a white liner border on the finished product. While this looks fine, I've been wondering if there's a way to do a pop-out around the actual shape of what would be the kiss cut?

In other words, can I go full depth around the shape of the kiss cut so it pops out, and have it cut through cleanly? I haven't tried it yet, but if I made the kiss cut a perf cut instead, it won't leave a very clean edge around the final sticker itself.

Graphtec FC8600 and Flexi, by the way.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

bannertime

It will leave a slight "frayed" edge on the backing, but the graphic itself will be pretty much smooth. It is typically unnoticeable on straight lines. On curves, you may see a bit of a wavy pattern. You do have to make sure you set your blade right and have the pounce pattern tight. The blade should only cut the graphic while dragging and cut through the paper when fully in the down position.

ikarasu

We do it all the time... I think it depends on the Material. On 180 it cuts and weeds perfectly. Laminated better than non laminated. On some cheap stuff I recently tried... It'd either be not cut enough to look good, or cut too much that it'd fall out mid cut and cause a jam, ruining all the stickers. It might just be a depth / cut line pattern I'm using for the new material though.

I find its good to leave at least a .2 inch gap between the perf cuts... Then when you "Pop" them out, flip it upside down, and pop it out pushing on the liner. That'll prevent the least tears in the liner, giving it a more smooth look. We've done batches of 20,000 with minimal jams... our customers love it / prefer it to the guillotine a co-worker was using, since it's more accurate.