• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Full L260 Maintenance Kit - how to dispose of?

MikeyG

Hi all
I've just had to replace the first Ink Maintenance Kit on my HP L260...

I'm wondering how or where I can safely recycle or dispose of this Maintenance Kit and the printhead cleaning kits in the UK.
There doesn't seem to be any information available on the safe recycling/disposal of any large format printing consumables!

Thanks for any advice / info!

ProColorGraphics

I know in the US, HP has a recycling program. I got some prepaid boxes to ship my used consumables back to them in. Not sure about the UK thought?

Hotspur

HP Planet Partners Programme

A quick Google will take you to the above programme - best to get a big box and just fill it up with your maintenance kits, cartridges and print heads then give them a call when its full.

https://h30248.www3.hp.com/recycle/ereturns/return_type-hpe.asp?__cc=gb&__la=en&segment=sm

Remember it is "safe" to throw Latex ink consumables in landfill - just not very responsible!

There's nothing in the ink that will require you to handle the disposal differently from any other normal household waste unlike an eco solvent or UV ink does (Remember the word "eco" in eco solvent does NOT stand for ecological - it actually means "economic" - a fact many try to overlook when they claim that eco solvent is somehow a healthy option!)

However HP would rather you didn't go to landfill with its consumables and thus you have this unique free service that will accept your Latex consumables - please note they won't accept consumables from their old solvent machines (HP 8000 / 9000 / 10000)