• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Full window vinyl install...

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Curious where you guys would be at time-wise on a window measuring 100"h (±) x 66"w (±)? There are a few vertical and a few horizontal. The vinyl will be digitally printed to include text/graphics which will need to be staggered around the mullions.

Thanks!

splizaat

Assuming you are asking how much time it'll take me to install a 100"x66" full coverage print on a flat window...assuming about 2 pieces.

it'd take me an hour to an hour and a half with a second set of hands. I'd install wet and cut along the edges with a big ruler and knife if I needed to.

....or is there more to this?

2B

Assuming you are asking how much time it'll take me to install a 100"x66" full coverage print on a flat window...assuming about 2 pieces.

it'd take me an hour to an hour and a half with a second set of hands. I'd install wet and cut along the edges with a big ruler and knife if I needed to.

....or is there more to this?

also how easy is it to get to the windows? will ladders be needed? does the vinyl air channels?

2B

also if this is going to be full coverage and at ground level,
solid vinyl = no visibility
window perf or clear so you are not creating a "black void"

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I know, I left a lot of needed information out. This is pretty preliminary, so I don't even have much information quite yet. Just wanted to put some feelers out to get some others thoughts.

I believe the windows are all lower level/1st story and easily accessible. They'll definitely have to be done in two pieces per pane due to the width of the vinyl. It will be done with two guys. I was estimating an hour and a half per window.

The vinyl is actually temporary (after a month or so it will be removed).

John Butto

It will take you longer to drive there and clean the window, than the install time. No wet install, air egress and one person. 1.5 hours/charge them for for half a day, for the drive, if in town, gas, install, clean up, drive back, make the 3/4 of a day, I had lunch.

Mosh

Why would that take over an hour...something I am not seeing? Dry app, only. doing wet app makes it a "pain" to trim tight to the "pain" without waiting for alittle drying time. LOL. Seriously an hour and a half would be plenty, with the given info.

Sooner Printing

I would use phototex.. Up to 6months outside..no residue left behind and very easy to install..that stuff sticks anywhere buttcut at seem..

704signs

I don't know about you Moze but I never have a say or even know what type of vinyl will be used until I see it a few days before the install... Its not uncommon for a minor/major detail to be left out during the bid process as well.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I'm purposely leaving information out to string you guys along. jk...I'm a bit tired and am leaving out details, sorry.

There are multiple windows. The estimated time was per window including drive time. It's local, so no big deal there.

I don't know about you Moze but I never have a say or even know what type of vinyl will be used until I see it a few days before the install... Its not uncommon for a minor/major detail to be left out during the bid process as well.

And that's exactly how this job is - not sure what material is being provided yet.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
this sign reminded me of you

I know!! There's a funny (kind of) story behind that...

So, Phillip designed my logo. We went through a ton of revisions and finally arrived at the finished product.

A few months back, I was eating at this awesome Salvadorian restaurant that is by the sign company I worked at for 10 years. I looked out the window and there's a Extra Space Storage across the street. Then I had two simultaneous thoughts:

- We (the sign company I used to work at) built a huge number of those
- It looks a LOT like my logo (or rather my logo looks a LOT like theirs)

Totally accidental but I think of it every time I see one of those signs now.

CanuckSigns

If it's only going to be up for a month, I would recommend General Formulations Concept 206, it's nice and thick and has a removable adhesive, I just did a job similar to what you are describing at our shop.

Attachments

• shop windows.jpg
    shop windows.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 181

Moze

Precision Sign Services
If it's only going to be up for a month, I would recommend General Formulations Concept 206, it's nice and thick and has a removable adhesive, I just did a job similar to what you are describing at our shop.

That looks great - and, agreed - nice shop!

I suppose it's the rule to eliminate/discard the lettering that falls where the mullions are, correct? In other words you don't split a letter and just move it over. (make sense?)