• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fume Filtration...Suggestions? Anyone want to sell me something?

Looked at the Island air units at SGIA last week they sounded great but were very pricey. I looked over previous posts and there seems to be few other options in that category.

We run Eco-sol and UV inks in a fairly small room. Maybe venting would work with fresh air coming in, but it seems to be entirely an activated carbon thing if you really want to be safe.

So it comes down to $5000 Island Air or a DIY pot grow room filtration system which I'm not sure would work.:banghead:

Help?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I was getting on here to ask the exact same question... we run Mimaki Solvent inks and are getting ready to move to a new building where venting them outside will be nearly impossible. Who does everyone here run for fume scrubbers?

rjssigns

If you can vent outside get an air-to-air heat exchanger installed by a reputable HVAC contractor.

Andy D

The only printer we have issues with is a older 10' Jeti solvent RTR & when I'm running that
my two carbon air filtration units won't even put a dent in the fumes. I had to put a hood above it
with a powerful exhaust fan, and a banner curtain around it, going from from the hood to the floor.