• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fun Job - decals for 1967 Ford Shelby GT 500

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Installed yesterday for a customer that restores cars as his side job.

Attachments

• gt500.jpg
    gt500.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 121

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Installed yesterday for a customer that restores cars as his side job.

If memory serves it's not a 'Ford' anything, it's a 'Shelby'. That how they were registered. It's been a while and I may be wrong but I'm not uncertain.

How do I know? In 1967 I bought a brand new Shelby GT350. Engine notwithstanding, the only real difference betwixt the GT350 and the GT500 was the headlight location. The GT350 had headlights at the sides of the grille and the GT500 had them centered in the grill. The 350 had a pumped up 289ci and the 500 had a rebopped 428ci truck engine which bore no resemblance to the 427ci engine that was a NASCAR favorite. Which, unfortunately, people thought were pretty much the same engine. They were not, far from it. All in all the small block GT350 was a much nimbler setup. Better weight distribution, better handling, and every bit as fast.