• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fun series of signs

grampa dan

We are currently in the middle of a ten month design build on a theme park project. As you can imagine there are plenty of cool signs to be build and all of them will be dimensional. Every ride, attraction and building will sport a cool dimensional sign in keeping with the theme and story of the park. They are a combination of welded steel, sculpted concrete, routed 30 lb Precision Board and sculpting epoxy. Here's a few we are currently working on... Building this kind of work is way more fun than actually working!

-grampa dan

wagon wheel sign front.png

Attachments

• bucky's finished.png
    bucky's finished.png
    544.5 KB · Views: 155
  • water tower with weather vane.png
    water tower with weather vane.png
    796.1 KB · Views: 129
  • windmill drop sign finished 2.png
    windmill drop sign finished 2.png
    489.2 KB · Views: 117
  • armadillo sculpted.png
    armadillo sculpted.png
    491.9 KB · Views: 148

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Very nice stuff.
Your unique style really shows through in these.
How big of a staff do you have to tackle a big project like this?

Thanks for another peek into your shop.

wayne k
guam usa

phototec

Grampa Dan, as usual very high quality un-matched works of art, these are in a category all by themselves (but that has come to be expected), good Job. You are truly a MASTER!

I remember seeing the building (photos) of your house and was just amazed at the detail you put into everything you do, my hat is off to you.

Keep us posted with the work as it evolves.....

:clapping: :thumb: :rock-n-roll:

player

Do you ever want to just letter a truck or make a corro sign?

Every job you do is a work of art!

grampa dan

Thanks for the kind comments.

We currently number sixteen wonderful and fun employees for this project. It is about six miles from our shop. Most are part time university students with six full time staff. Another big year long project for Trinidad is set to start the day we finish this one. We will build most of that in our shop with a couple months down there. Good times!

-grampa Dan

grampa dan

We don't own a vinyl cutter or printer and only do dimensional work. Either I sign my name proudly to the project or we pass.

we bought a new truck last week and had another shop (good friends)letter the doors. :)

-grampa

CalamityJay

Great Work!

What a breath of fresh air from the mundane 2d work I am currently making. I'm glad I checked signs101 today. :rock-n-roll:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Simply beautiful and breathtaking.

That second one with a water tower or whatever..... even the trees look super realistic.:wink: