• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Funky colors from CAD type programs.

Andy D

I do a lot of illustration prints for engineers & architects for their presentations, usually created in a CAD type
program and exported as a PDF. I seem to spend a lot of time manually color correcting them, because the
files come in with funky colors.
Anyone else experience this?

CanuckSigns

CAD programs are horrible at creating production ready graphics, from breaking curves into 1000 tiny segments, to solid colour fills that come in as a weird bitmap/vector mashup, to shapes that as not closed its a nightmare. "But it looks fine on my screen, must be your software"

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I took a look into it because I was curious and it looks like a lot of CAD programs use a color space called, TrueColor. My guess is that this color space just doesn't translate to the standard Adobe ones that well. The advice above might be the way to go. Just mapping colors in the RIP.