• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Funky Forum Issue

chrisinestes

When trying to type into the message boxes here in these forms, I often lose some of the letters. So, I'm typing away, and look up at what I've just typed, and letters are missing from words. It's like my keyboard is not working correctly, but it happens only on this forum.

isis a test, tis is onlya test... w it's happening.
<--- There it is!

What I typed above, in bold, was "This is a test, this is only a test... See, now it's happening." I just typed it and didn't go back to fix all of the missing characters & spaces. Sometimes I'll have to hit a key 3-4-5 times to get it to show up.

So, does anybody else have this problem? ...Got a fix? I don't think it's me, since it doesn't happen when typing any other place.

Chris

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hmmmm............ Colorado. Isn't that where the fun is nowadays ?? Are you a few sandwiches short of a picnic, sometimes ??

I have that happen, but it's always user error/application. :rolleyes:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
When trying to type into the message boxes here in these forms, I often lose some of the letters. So, I'm typing away, and look up at what I've just typed, and letters are missing from words. It's like my keyboard is not working correctly, but it happens only on this forum.

isis a test, tis is onlya test... w it's happening.
<--- There it is!

What I typed above, in bold, was "This is a test, this is only a test... See, now it's happening." I just typed it and didn't go back to fix all of the missing characters & spaces. Sometimes I'll have to hit a key 3-4-5 times to get it to show up.

So, does anybody else have this problem? ...Got a fix? I don't think it's me, since it doesn't happen when typing any other place.

Chris

What browser are you using?

Marlene

I too am having that issue. a while back Fred posted a way to change something in the settings and it worked for a while but now it's back to doing it again. it isn't all the time but when it happens it is like fighting to enter a simple sentence. drives me nuts

I believe that it has to do with the type of Text Editor is defined in the User Settings. As I recall, there are several options. I am set to Basic and have no issues with any browser that i have tested, including the new MS browser Edge.

Marlene

I believe that it has to do with the type of Text Editor is defined in the User Settings. As I recall, there are several options. I am set to Basic and have no issues with any browser that i have tested, including the new MS browser Edge.

that was the setting! mine defaulted back to the enhanced

chrisinestes

Mmmm.... sandwiches....:corndog:

OK... I'm using IE 11... Yeah, IE... I like it!

I scooted down to the Standard Text Editor from the full WYSIWYG setting, and it seems to be good now. Testing testing one, two, three... Yup, I think we're good, now.

Thanks!
Chris