• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuzzy In Print

printimage

I am getting a fuzzy lines with any blue or black print. I was told the CR cables or the printhead is failing.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• print fuzzy.jpg
    print fuzzy.jpg
    926.6 KB · Views: 252

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That type of streaking is usually the print head failing electronically/physically. It could be as simple as a damaged/dirty print head cable but I would say it is more often than not just an old worn out head. As stated above, static also causes this issue and if your environment is not within the required humidity spec for the machine I would fix that first. You can find a hydrometer for a few bucks to read the humidity. But like I said, in 8 years of being a full time tech, that streaking is almost always a bad cable or just worn out head.

printimage

That type of streaking is usually the print head failing electronically/physically. It could be as simple as a damaged/dirty print head cable but I would say it is more often than not just an old worn out head. As stated above, static also causes this issue and if your environment is not within the required humidity spec for the machine I would fix that first. You can find a hydrometer for a few bucks to read the humidity. But like I said, in 8 years of being a full time tech, that streaking is almost always a bad cable or just worn out head.

Did a print this morning and down send something to print and it print this band of lines. Is t his the printhead fail or cables?

Attachments

• printhead.jpg
    printhead.jpg
    867.9 KB · Views: 150

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did a print this morning and down send something to print and it print this band of lines. Is t his the printhead fail or cables?

Could be either. The streaking you are seeing means the signal to the head is shorting out. The fact that you were getting the fuzzy prints earlier could just mean the head is progressively failing as well. The streaking could also be other electrical issues but start with the head cables and head.

printimage

Could be either. The streaking you are seeing means the signal to the head is shorting out. The fact that you were getting the fuzzy prints earlier could just mean the head is progressively failing as well. The streaking could also be other electrical issues but start with the head cables and head.
I Change the head cables and it print the nozzle test, when i send a print it print the image but with the same lines over it. Could the cr cables want changing or the printhead for sure?