Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuzzy In Print

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by printimage, Apr 19, 2017.

1. printimage

printimage Member

Jan 27, 2011
    barbados
    I am getting a fuzzy lines with any blue or black print. I was told the CR cables or the printhead is failing.
    Any ideas?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Stella_FB700

Stella_FB700 Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Canada
    Jets out on the printhead - leading to misfiring.

3. AKwrapguy

AKwrapguy Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Anchorage, AK
    Might also want to look at your humidity levels...

4. printimage

printimage Member

Jan 27, 2011
    barbados
    Is there away I can check for both the misfire and humidity?

5. Stella_FB700

Stella_FB700 Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Canada
    Can you run a nozzle check? or a jet mapping test?
    If those all come out fine without any missing nozzles - pretty confident its humidity and static overspray.

• Like Like x 1
  6. VanderJ

VanderJ Take two Dampers and Call me in the Morning

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    That type of streaking is usually the print head failing electronically/physically. It could be as simple as a damaged/dirty print head cable but I would say it is more often than not just an old worn out head. As stated above, static also causes this issue and if your environment is not within the required humidity spec for the machine I would fix that first. You can find a hydrometer for a few bucks to read the humidity. But like I said, in 8 years of being a full time tech, that streaking is almost always a bad cable or just worn out head.

7. printimage

printimage Member

Jan 27, 2011
    barbados
    Did a print this morning and down send something to print and it print this band of lines. Is t his the printhead fail or cables?

Attached Files:

8. VanderJ

VanderJ Take two Dampers and Call me in the Morning

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Could be either. The streaking you are seeing means the signal to the head is shorting out. The fact that you were getting the fuzzy prints earlier could just mean the head is progressively failing as well. The streaking could also be other electrical issues but start with the head cables and head.

9. printimage

printimage Member

Jan 27, 2011
    barbados
    I Change the head cables and it print the nozzle test, when i send a print it print the image but with the same lines over it. Could the cr cables want changing or the printhead for sure?