• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuzzy lines

Ricki Susic

I recently bought a second hand XJ-640 and during a adjustment of the bi-direction I discovered these blurry lines.
The printer is loaded with Cmyk + lm and lc

IT seems like cyan, magenta and yellow lines are sharp looking as expected, and the blurriness only appears to be with the Black, light cyan and light magenta.

What do I do about it? Is it due to bad heads that needs replacement, or is the probleme to be found elsewhere?

Best Regards
Ricki
1696ee32652ef128d76836d2a7d02582.jpg
26fc12a706b7d2ed183de49d39d8b8cb.jpg

Sendt fra min HD1913 med Tapatalk

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Looks like the black is deflecting pretty bad but the LC and LM are better minus the missing nozzles in the LC. I'd pop in some new cap tops and flush the pump tubes to see if I could recover the those heads a little better.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unfortunately I don't have anything for that model but you might find the service manual online. A lot of times someone here on Signs101 will have one to send you. Good luck!