• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FX foils

signgirl

Can the foils be taken out of an fx cartridge and the foil with spindles be put back into gerber or duracoat as a refill?

jfiscus

Rap Master
If the width is that same, I assume you could re-wind one onto another cartridge, not sure if the material is exactly the same or if you could get it to wind straight enough...

I've had to cut off my foils and reattach them to the spindles on the FX foils if it is pulling too much to one side and causing problems.

signgirl

Thanks for the reply. I ran across a lot of fx foils at decent price. Not wanting to re roll but just take the spindle with foil attached and transfer into gerber edge or duracoat cartridge like you would using a refill

theKING

I have never done it... but I know an owner who claims he does it... I would maybe call somewhere like Advantage sign supply etc. and ask a tech to be sure. I guess if the price is real good you could always re-sell them if its too much hassle or doesnt work.

jfiscus

Rap Master
If it will not work for you, let me know who is selling them & I'd be interested in picking them up. FX foils are expensive!