• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fyi for those that use 3rd party ink

anothersign

Roland has changed there captops and doubled the foam in the top of the captop and what i have seen since is that some 3rd party ink will not drain right through these new captops...have seen it with 1112 and lyson inks both so if your going to replace captops i would go with after market or go back to roland inks or you will be stuck in a bad position the ink wont drain so it puddles in the captops and smears ink all over your prints.

rozankan

Roland Cap Tops

Roland has fined tuned the cap tops twice. Several years ago, we switched to a more open cell structure in the foam for overall better ink drainage. The last change we made was about a year and a half ago, when the gasket durability in the cap top was improved slightly. Product changes are made after review and testing to maintain consistent quality over the life of the printer.

Hope this clarification helps.

Feel free to PM or call our Technical Support Department at 1-800-542-2307 and Press "1".

----------------------
Robert Ozankan
Senior Product Manager - Color Products
Roland DGA