• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FYI... VersaWorks 3.0 is available

jasonx

Installed and running both machines off the one computer and RIP.

Least it saves me the costs of an upgrade on the older hardware.

I've got now one interface to control both machines. Each machine basically has its own mini versa works interface.

You can see both queues to the left and tabs at the top to select the printers.

You can output simultaneous jobs at once to the printers as well.

Each printer still has its own set of profiles.

Charlie J

One new thing I noticed that is different: if under Cut Controls you have the operation set to print only, it doesn't show the marching ants around the graphic you intend to cut until you change the operation mode to print/cut or cut. I prefered it the old way so that I can preview the cuts before I send the job...not a big deal as it only adds another step, but i'll get used to it.

B Snyder

Come on Brian, give it a shot... It's your thread...:U Rock:

:notworthy:

No way man! I have 90 sf worth of banners to print today that need to be delivered tomorrow and VersaWorks has been working just fine.
I'm interested in the perf cut feature though...

Hwy

Updated to 3.0.1 today.
Not much different except the new PerfCutContour feature which IMHO opinion is not much - using this feature you'll most likely be replacing cutting strips more often.
The marching ants on the cut only feature without the image is annoying too.

Hwy

I installed VW 3 yesterday for my XC-540 and couldn't find a PerfCut button anywhere. I guess now I'll have to read the manual...

Just like the "CutContour" path, create a new path and call exactly like this:
PerfCutContour
Versawork will recognize this and open up a new dialog box under Cut Only.

Roland recommends to control cut and perf pressure (gf) from the software.
I personally could not make the pressure work correctly from the software - Either the cut was to heavy or light or the perf was cutting too deep or both.

I tried all combinations of control from the menu (printer) and software without success.

Docs are found on RolandDGA website under support.

I hope that helps.

blackicefx

Sooo... if the marching ants don't appear in the preview window of your contour cut graphic, how do you ensure it's being recognized correctly?? I always verify my contour path with this window...

Matthew
BlackIceFX

cdiesel

Heh.. reminds me of the time my brother spent an hour playing in Corel because VW wasn't recognizing his cut path.. It was on a red graphic. The dancing ants were there afterall, just couldn't see them on the red graphic. :)

signage

What I think this perf cut is, is a cut creating a perf line that makes separating the decals in consistent shapes without having to cut them out.